I realized today that it has been quite a long time since I have posted a recipe! I’ve been so caught up with life lately, that I keep forgetting to post about food! Crazy, I know. Food is like, my favorite thing.
I received a specific request to post about food today, so I thought it would be the perfect time to share what I made myself for lunch! It was absolutely delicious, and a good go-to for a filling, high-protein meal!
Quinoa with Sautéed Spinach and Chicken
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- Olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Handful of pine nuts
- Spinach (I just eye-balled it, probably about 2-3 cups fresh spinach)
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Pesto (Optional)
- Basil (Optional)
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package directions. (I cooked mine in water, but I also like to cook it in chicken broth for some extra flavor!)
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and cook chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and let rest.
- With the same pan, add a little more olive oil and add crushed garlic cloves. (I basically just infuse the dish with garlic, and take out the pieces at the end. You could just as easily mince the garlic and keep it all in the dish.) Add pine nuts and toss to brown.
- Add spinach to pan, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and steam until spinach is wilted.
- Once spinach is wilted and quinoa is cooked, remove garlic cloves, add quinoa to pan and mix.
- Plate quinoa, and top with chicken. I added pesto to my dish as well, and it was delicious! I put it under the chicken, so you can’t see it in the photo, and then topped it with some fresh basil from my “garden!”
Enjoy! Let me know if you make it! This is definitely an easy go to for me, as I pretty much always have these ingredients in the house.