As promised from my Instagram account (@journeytoloving.me), here is the post of the BEST one pan meals I picked up while doing Whole30. This is easily one of my favorite go-to dishes, and it comes together in under half an hour! This is another one that is super easy and customizable. I have been making this for awhile, and the recipe below is how I’ve enjoyed making it lately, but of course, feel free to customize it as you choose!
Without any further ado:
Turkey, Kale and Sweet Potato Bowl
Serves 3-4 (depending on your serving sizes, I usually end up with 3 servings)
- 1lb ground turkey
- A few handfuls of kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped (you could also use spinach, collard greens, or any other leafy green you’d like!)
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Avocado halves for topping
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the ground turkey and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the turkey is mostly cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the kale to the pan, and toss to coat with oil. Cover the pan and let the kale begin to wilt.
- Add the sweet potatoes, and toss together. Add the crushed red pepper, and season again with a little salt and pepper. Cover the pan again to steam the sweet potatoes, about 10-12 minutes. Check occasionally and stir.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked through, plate and top with half an avocado, sliced.
Really easy, and super delicious. I love making this on Monday night, and I have enough left overs for a couple days of dinner, or I take it into work for lunch the next day!
Be sure to let me know when you make it! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram!
1 thought on “Turkey, Kale and Sweet Potato Bowl”
LikeLiked by 1 person